Tuesday 23 December 2014

Runner-up again!

I entered a photo competition in August organised by the Freshwater Habitats Trust. They wanted pictures for their 2015 calendar. I didn't win one of the three major prizes, but my entry was selected as the September page of the calendar and I received a runner-up prize of a mug picturing a very handsome toad!

My picture of a swimming grass snake has already appeared here on this blog. Their caption in the calendar reads "Even ponds full of alien invasive plants and algae can provide a habitat for priority species like the grass snake." Is that praise for my garden pond or are they telling me to clean it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where do I Walk?

Mainly around the National Trust land at Washington Common and Warren Hill in West Sussex. I also spend some time around my old Steyning walks and other interesting places in West Sussex.